David Beckham has now bought a stake in English side of Salford City (non-league), following the footsteps of his former teammates of the club of Manchester United in the renowned Class of 92.
The player and model who is now 43 years old have now joined the former teammates of United namely Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville, and Gary Neville and he secured a stake of 10% in the club. The famous Class of 92 now own almost 60% of the particular club but Peter Lim, who is a businessman of Singapore still remains the largest individual shareholder, with the rest of the 40%.
“It is a very proud moment for me that I have joined Peter Lim and the group of “Class of 92” lads as the owner of FC of Salford City”, said David. “It is an important club and as well as a special group of some great people. My beginning years in the United were all spent in Salford City. In fact, I grew up at Salford in a lot of ways so to be capable in order to ultimately join these veterans and also the group today is a good feeling.
The news has already sparked a surge in demand for tickets at Salford, with the 1st4footballtickets reporting a that ticket enquiries via this link had gone up by 153% in the hours after the announcement.
On the other hand the group of ‘Class of 92’ also said in a social media statement that “From the very beginning we wanted Beckham to get involved and be with us on this exceptional journey. But commitments and circumstances did not allow that. Now it is high time and is also of an exciting time in the history of Salford City. Salford City is 3rd in the 5th tier of football of English and also promotion in this year would see the club reach the Football League and that so for the 1st time in their history.
Beckham is also the owner of Inter Miami, which is still to take play in the Major League of Soccer in the year 2020.